Welcome to "A (Modern) Old-Fashioned Girl"

Hi! I'm a (Modern) old-Fashioned Girl because I like to be old-fashioned, but still enjoy modern conveniences... Especially blogs!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Easter is Coming!

Okay, so this post is all about Easter-Planning! I just finished making a short, short, like 5 minute movie about Easter. I did all the editing and burned it on to CDs and stuff. It was super fun. Some of my favorite activities for any holiday is decorating (ofcourse), cooking, and as always, writing a skit or play that co-insides with the holiday. This year the movie I made will not be the only thing, but I have written a skit to be performed on Easter Day in front of all my friends and family. As you can see, none of my productions are very big or succesful, but I enjoy making others feel happy.

When I was little and in First Grade I would often sit with my mom while she taught her Kindergarten class. One thing they did was make "Green Eggs and Ham" to go along with the Dr. Suess book. What they did was they put green food dye on some scrambled eggs, and mixed in some ham with the eggs. It turned out good, well, since I was little i don't remember much, so I assume it was good! Anyways, I thought that since most of the time on Easter we dye Easter eggs right? Well, I thought wouldn't it be cute if for a nice Easter Breakfast you made colored scrambled "Easter Eggs"?

As for Easter Crafts, you could do basket weaving.  But if you are looking for something slightly less difficult and something you can do with your kids, I would sometimes make paper easter eggs and decorate them with differant colors of construction paper or stickers and glitter when I was little. It might not be extroardinarily fun but... Another thing, I once sewed two aprons and bakers hats for a cousin and myself. On the hat, I put bunny ears, and on above the "skirt" part, I put a rabbit's head and where the ears were it was the straps. It's hard to explain. Here is a small sketch of it:
I'm afraid I am not very good at sketching but you get the idea.

Some Easter Movies? Hmm... That's a tough one. Well for kids I would say "Springtime with Roo", "Peter Cottontail", or "Peter Cottontail the Movie" which is the sequel to Peter Cottontail. Another good movie for kids is "The Miracle Maker The Story of Jesus." That one is either the miracle maker or the miracle worker, I am not quite sure. Those are all great for kids. Especially the younger children. For mature kids and adults I recomend "Ben-Hur" or "Jesus of Nazareth."

Those are all my Easter-y ideas for now. See you soon! Bye!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I love this post! But I do have to tell you that you are SO wrong about one thing! Your productions are always a success - they live long in our hearts and we all love them! Thanks for sharing sweet Easter memories, inspiring ideas and traditions. I can't wait until Saturday to bake a bread bunny with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for your feedback! If you are interested in the Bunny Apron Craft Post, check out my Pictures And Videos.

    ReplyDelete