Welcome to "A (Modern) Old-Fashioned Girl"

Hi! I'm a (Modern) old-Fashioned Girl because I like to be old-fashioned, but still enjoy modern conveniences... Especially blogs!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Needles, Threads, and Fabrics

Ahh... Some of my three favorite things! Right now I have mostly begun sewing a dress. Hopefully most of you know that two of my favorite things just happen to be sewing and theatre(OK, My favorite things). Actually, lately I have been combining my two favorite things. If you don't know I love to write small plays/skits and get a cast & crew together and put them on. Well, one of my favorite parts about it is costumes! Not just the fancy clothes but of course, the accessories, the hair, and the make-up! Well, the clothes are a big part of that and it is not always easy to find costumes for a nice price! So often, i sew them myself. Most of the time I just sew them for fun, then a week later, they come in handy!

Lately I have been sewing a renaissance themed dress! It mostly consists of purple crushed velvet, silver silk, and some jeweled lavender lace. I might post a picture of it on my blog in the "My Pics and Videos" tab when I am finished! What's that? I think I hear the sewing machine calling my name! Wait I'm coming little sewing machine! WAIT!!!!

1 comment:

  1. SO (sew) a needle pulling thread..... this post is definitely one of my favorite things as it describes so many of yours. I can't help but singing "My Favorite Things" in my head as I see your interests come to life. I love your vision and seeing material come to life!

    ReplyDelete