Welcome to "A (Modern) Old-Fashioned Girl"

Hi! I'm a (Modern) old-Fashioned Girl because I like to be old-fashioned, but still enjoy modern conveniences... Especially blogs!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Working in the Garden!

The garden can be fun! I myself enjoy a nice afternoon sitting and working in the garden. I actually just helped plant some Zinnia's at my Grandma's house! I asked her if there was anymore work I could do! I was obviously thrilled to be in a garden and to be working under the sun in a pair of overalls!  She told me I could weed a certain area, but be careful for flowers!

Anyways I set to work!I was almost half-way done when all of a sudden I sat up and began to brush of my pants when my fingers ran over something creepy and crawly and squishy! It was a piece of a worm! Apparently either my hand shovel had stabbed it and flung it accross or I sat on it and it got squashed! I quickly ran into the house and saw my Aunt talking to my Grandma! I said something kind of odd when I walked into the house! I said, "Grandma! Are there any worms on the back of my pants?" I was totally creeped out!

Just when I thought my worries were over as I was talking to my Aunt and Grandma I screamed and started waving my arm about and accidentally flung my bracelet accross the floor! Why, you may ask? Because there was a pincher bug crawling up my arm! Ahhh!!!! I finally thought it was over until my imagination ran off with me about two seconds later and asked, "Is there anything I can change into?" I was positive that there were still bugs lurking about waiting to be discovered! I remembered that I was staying the night with my cousin and calmly, but briskly, walked over to the guest room to retrieve my suitcase! Only to find out that my relatives were talking in there and I didn't want to disturb them! I looked about on the couch to find an old dress a few sizes too big that I had bought from a garage sale to use in a craft I was going to do! I eventually was going to cut it up and sew something with it since I liked the material. However I quickly changed into the dress and sat down.(Calm once again) After about 5 minutes I decided to post it on my blog! Whew! What an evening!

1 comment:

  1. You are my sunshine! I'm so glad you had a day in the garden - working with flowers and in the earth. You are so good at that! I can't wait until we have a piece of land here where you can grow beautiful things here too. But oh yuk, I am so sorry about the worms and bugs, I guess that goes with the job, you're very brave!

    ReplyDelete